Eventgrinder is the software that runs DC Tech Events and some other calendars.
- an extraneous ‘users’ system. The administrator has to set themselves up as an editor before doing most (but not all) editorial tasks
- when you log in, the system assumes you are there to submit an event
- there isn’t a good system for event-specific feedback, like corrections
- hard coded support for Mailchimp– and it breaks if someone tries to sign up for email before you’ve configured it
- doesn’t support RSS or other types of feeds, besides iCal
- link submission/ approval doesn’t behave like the rest of the site
- difficult for a developer who isn’t me to approach
- The first-run experience for administrators is baffling
- it’s not obvious how to customize the look and feel, or if that’s even possible
some of those will be addressed soon.